Only a few more days and then it’s Valentine’s Day again, commercial or not, you will undoubtedly score points with this delicious Champagne tea mocktail.
Let’s start by making a syrup from the tea. This way you already have a good tea syrup in your refrigerator for your homemade ice teas or cocktails, for example. Trust me this always comes in handy!
Making tea syrup :
- 400 ml of water
- +/- 3 grams of tea (in this case: champagne tea)
- 400 grams of sugar
- Set the water to 80 degrees
- Fill the teapot with the loose tea
- Add the water and let it steep for about 3 minutes
- Place a saucepan on the stove (low heat)
- Place a sieve over it and pour the tea into the pan
- Then add the sugar
- Add a few more loose tea leaves
- Now let it boil slowly over a low heat, this can take a while, so grab your phone and scroll on Facebook or even better to www.theebrouwerij.nl and order your favorite tea there or get some more inspiration for tea inspired recipes ????
- Is the syrup thick enough? Then let it cool.
- Just pass it through a sieve to remove those last loose tea leaves and it’s ready to put in a cleaned bottle!
- Tadaaaa, you just made your first tea syrup! You’re TEAriffic! (That may well be said!)
Now put together your champagne tea mocktail!
- Grab a nice flute
- Add 1 tablespoon of syrup
- Add some ice cubes and/or frozen raspberries (the latter looks really nice and kills 2 birds with 1 stone)
- Top up with sparkling water
- Would you prefer an alcohol variant? Then choose, for example, a somewhat fruity champagne or prosecco
- Stir briefly.
Put something delicious on the table and surprise your loved one this Valentine’s Day with this delicious Champagne tea mocktail/cocktail.